Chicken peperonata ingredients
8 skinless chicken thighs
2 tablespoons wholemeal flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 large red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
1 large green pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
1 large yellow pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
400g/14oz canned chopped tomatoes
1 tablespoon chopped fresh
oregano, plus extra to garnish
salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to make Chicken peperonata
• Toss the chicken in the flour, then shake off any excess.
• Heat the oil in a wide frying pan, and sauté the chicken quickly until
sealed and lightly browned, then remove from the pan.
• Add the onion to the pan and gently sauté until soft. Add the garlic,
peppers, tomatoes and the 1 tablespoon chopped oregano, then bring
to the boil, stirring.
• Arrange the chicken over the vegetables, season well with salt and
pepper, then cover the pan tightly and simmer for 20–25 minutes until
the chicken is tender and the juices run clear. Check the seasoning,
adjusting if necessary.
• Garnish the chicken with the extra oregano, and serve hot.