Beef fajitas ingredients
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, cut into strips
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon Mexican chilli powder
450g/1lb minced beef
75g/3oz ready-prepared salsa
1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
2 green pepper, seeded and chopped
1 courgette, thinly sliced
4 x 25cm/10in flour tortillas
salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to make Beef fajitas
• Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.
• In a non-stick frying pan, heat the oil over a medium-high heat. Cook the
onion, garlic, chilli powder and seasoning, stirring, for 5 minutes or until
the onion is softened.
• Add the beef and salsa, and cook, breaking up the beef with the back
of a spoon, for about 3 minutes until the beef is no longer pink. Add the
peppers and courgette, and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until the
liquid has evaporated.
• Meanwhile, wrap the tortillas in foil and heat in the oven for 5 minutes
or until warmed through.
• Divide the beef mixture among the tortillas, and roll up. Serve the fajitas
immediately while still piping hot.